Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mind notes

The incidents in my life are teaching me a lesson to ‘follow my heart’.

I am being presented with many lucrative opportunities that I have no propensity for, but they are what any normal person would aspire for, in our social setup. I never was and am a person who would carry out tasks just because they are acceptable by standard norms.

I do believe in engaging in deeds that brings in self satisfaction, yet these lessons are unveiling a novel rendition. As these incidents unfold, my astute consciousness, comprehends beyond my limited self. I discern that I have always struck a balance between what I needed and what was acknowledged by the people around.

Every happening in my life is stringed by choices that are irresistible to decline, yet I am learning to do so without self-guilt. I should accept it is quite hard on one self to say no to things that you know your next door neighbor is chasing relentlessly. It isn’t worth to accept car if you know you aren’t going to use it, even if the car is the BMW. Our mental make up is to take things that are deemed good/valued by standards of living and not by our own.Taking the first step towards a less travelled path is demanding, but if that’s what you yearn for, face it, the society will make it a norm on your success. The moments of decision making can be stressful, but remember the lesson is important. It is natural to go with the crowd; luckily my friends and family back me up constantly, which makes resisting easier.

Once you gain clarity on what you want, resolving this friction should get evident. I know not what life holds, I know the joy of learning.

1 comment:

Krishnan said...

Wow.. straight from the heart.. :):)
"Taking the first step towards a less traveled path is demanding, but if that’s what you yearn for, face it, the society will make it a norm on your success" ...Awesome!!!!