Friday, August 3, 2012

Every end has a new beginning...


I have always believed one life has to take several dimensions and kept my interests varied. It is this strong inner-conviction that has driven me to experiment with different things in life! Shifting gears in life isn't easy in a society that seeks stability and permanence. We have been groomed to always operate out of our comfort zones and hence the society doesn't quite approve of juggernauts. The previous year has been 'one hell of time' - I had decided to be by myself and i have realized in being by yourself, you learn much more about life than by engaging yourself in external activities. In that sense, the year has been a crucial phase in my life.

From the 3rd August 2012, i am treading on a new path - i am now an employee of Dream India, a Educational and Charitable Trust catering to the needs of under-privileged children.

Dream India is run by a group of working professionals in India, trying to make a change in the country through education of the poor and the upliftment of underprivileged communities. Come, let us join hands, and reinstate the once lost greatness of our nation!

We are part of the Vision2020 groups, one that is guided directly by our great visionary Dr. APJ Kalam.

Dream India Logo


I am extremely fortunate to be working with a group of highly enthusiastic and committed individuals. I have been associated with Dream India as a volunteer since August'2005. 

I have a humble request to make, if you are a fellow blogger reading this post i request you to blog about Dream India (www.dreamindia2020.org) and our activities on your blog. It would help us reach a wider audience, Dream India needs more volunteers and more people to simply know of our activities. I believe there are a lot of people out there who want to help the society and they do not know whom to approach - just knowing would help them find the right channel. The gap between 'people who need' and 'people who have & willing to give' is wider in our country - your blog post can bridge that gap!

I am sure you can hear me saying - "Thank you" from the bottom of my heart for your involvement in the movement :-)

If you are personally interested in teaching under-privileged children or interested in doing 'something' for your village school, please get in touch with me. Dream India will evaluate the needs and provide necessary guidance to initiate and execute the project.

I am very excited about this new journey and with your support, am sure Dream India would be scaling new heights in serving children.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

surely its a great initiative...gud dat ppl like urself are making a change to d lives of the unfortunate....
keep up the grt wrk...willl post abt it my blog soon :)

Divya said...

Thanks Saikat :) Looking forward to your post on Dream India.

Akshay Kumar G said...

Nice to see you back after a long time, Divya. I hope you have completely recovered from your illness. :)

And I wish you all the very best in your new role. Proud to know people like you are contributing at the ground level and making a change to many a lives. I wish you all the success. :)

Take care.

Sabyasachi Patra | Tales from Wild India said...

Nice initiative. Education is a great enabler and it helps in bridging the divide between the have's and have-not's

Anonymous said...

Awesome…
saadepunjab.com

Dhiren navani said...

Great work!!
Keep that up!!
http://navanidhiren.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

ultimate….gujaratonnet.com

chennaicakesdelivery said...

visit was useful and informative. thanks for sahing such a beautiful bllog. from - www.chennaicakesdelivery.com